Four pillars frame the historical construct of Western esotericism and reinforce the capacity of your inner temple. Working with the Golden Dawn astrological correspondences for the Major Arcana, this course will focus on The Hierophant, Strength, Death, and The Star as the four cornerstones that will unlock your destiny for material success (Earth), your glory (Fire), your spiritual path (Water), and the path of your personal growth, the life lessons to learn (Air).
You will then work through a twenty-one card Pyramid Reading to create a blueprint and map of your inner temple. Any time at any point of your life path, when you feel lost, dedicate some time to going through the steps of the Pyramid Reading to get your blueprint and map.
Discussion of the Four Pillars and each step of the Pyramid Reading will orbit the Four Powers of the Magus (or Four Directives to the Magus) that signify “the fatal science of good and evil . . . guarded by the four figures of the Biblical sphinx, the Cherubim of Ezekiel” (Eliphas Levi), which are:
- To Know (an intelligence illuminated by study)
- To Dare (an intrepidity which nothing can check)
- To Will [or To Do] (a will which nothing can break)
- To Keep Silence (a discretion which nothing can corrupt and nothing intoxicate)
Your inner temple is designed and built upon these Four Directives, and when constructed in accordance with your higher purpose, yields material success, personal glory, conviction in a defined spiritual path, and transcendental personal growth. The eventual purpose of the magus is to master the Threefold Path of Wisdom: alchemy, astrology, and theurgy, which converge an culminate with the tarot.
The Tarot de Marseille, Rider-Waite-Smith, Thoth, and my own deck the Spirit Keeper’s Tarot will be showcased, so you’ll be able to follow along with a deck from any of these systems.
Closed captioning provided on all videos for the Deaf and H/H.
- To understand the four pillars of Western esotericism.
- To attain a deeper understanding of the Four Directives to the Magus (that become the Four Powers of the Magus).
- To divine and reveal a map (the Pyramid Reading) for how to achieve material success, glory, how to advance on your current spiritual path, and how to grow in plenitude at any given moment of your life.
- To understand the Threefold Path of Wisdom (alchemy, astrology, and theurgy) and its significance to the study of esoteric tarot.
Module I. Introduction
- The Four Pillars of Western Esotericism
- Overview of the Pyramid Reading Workbook
Module II. The Four Pillars
- Pillar of Earth: Your Material Success
- Pillar of Fire: Your Personal Glory
- Pillar of Water: Your Spiritual Reflection
- Pillar of Air: Your Personal Growth
Module III. The Transcendental Path
- Completing the Blueprints of Your Inner Temple
- The Threefold Path of Wisdom
Content for the course sourced from:
The Emerald Tablet of Hermes (Isaac Newton, trans. 1680); Alchemical Catechism from The Hermetic and Alchemical Writings of Paracelsus (A. E. Waite, trans. 1894); An Introduction to Astrology (William Lilly, 1852); Astrology Theologized: The Spiritual Hermeneutics of Astrology and Holy Writ (Valentin Weigel, reprinted from the Original of 1649 in 1886); Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual (Eliphas Levi, 1854; A. E. Waite, trans. 1896).
Praise For This Course
"How awesome is the 4 Pillars of Tarot reading spread? Just finished the first pillar and blown away with the incredible insights to the cards I’ve drawn (using Tarot Illuminati deck). I’m seeing so much in the cards that I’ve never seen or felt before. Just unreal Benebell Wen!"
“I want to say how much I appreciate the work you have done to overlay the different esoteric traditions so that it is easier to compare. It is one of the key aspects of your work that draws me to it. Thank you!!!”
"It’s so obvious you are in the presence of a brilliant mind! I just started and the amount of information Benebell shared so far is amazing!! I actually dreamed about the four pillars last night!"
"Benebell just blows me away at what she offers and the wonderful way she presents it... she makes the information very accessible. And in this course, as in her others, she offers us some rather "hefty" ideas in small enough bites that you don't need to be expert to really "get it".
"Just printed out the workbook for Tarot and the Four Pillars. 😮 As usual Benebell over delivers!"
"So impressed already with Benebell's content"
Benebell Wen is the author of Holistic Tarot and The Tao of Craft. She is a professional tarot reader and dabbles in various metaphysical arts. Learn more about her at www.benebellwen.com.
StartPreliminary Note: Before You Begin the Reading
StartSection 1. Pillar of Earth: Your Material Success
StartSection 2. Pillar of Fire: Your Personal Glory
StartSection 3. Pillar of Water: Your Spiritual Reflection
StartSection 4. Pillar of Air: Your Personal Growth
StartReference Guide: Elements, Zodiac Signs, & Career Paths